To that end, TISC member schools will:
- Respect and affirm the worth and dignity of each individual in the admission process
- Be educated in all aspects of their school and its programs
- Seek those students who meet its particular mission and admission criteria
As a result of the current COVID-19 crisis, all TISC schools have suspended classes and have instituted distance learning. Each school is committed to protecting the health and safety of our community by following the established guidelines for social distancing. We also seek to continue to provide student support as well as a sense of connection and continuity for our current and prospective families.
Our Admission/Enrollment offices continue to welcome inquiries and applications during this time and have made adjustments in our process to accommodate the current social distancing requirement. Please contact us to determine the process adjustments we have made to accommodate social distancing. We appreciate your interest and your patience during this unprecedented time in our country.
The Triangle Independent School Consortium is composed of admission professionals from the Triangle area schools. Our Consortium evolved out of the desire of the member schools to work collaboratively in an effort to ease and enhance the admission process for the students, families, and schools involved.
TISC Principles of Good Practice
In order to ensure the highest levels of professional conduct and standards, Triangle Independent School Consortium member schools operate under a common code of good practice. The Principles of Good Practice are centered on the commitment to serve as advocates for prospective families during the admission process.
- Speak accurately and comprehensively about the strengths of their own institutions and not imply weaknesses in other schools.
- Abide by the notification deadlines as defined by TISC
- Refrain from asking applicants for commitments or indications of commitments in terms of school of first choice during the admission/interview process
- Not advise an applicant of their status prior to the official notification date
- Avoid consulting with other member schools in regard to prospective students, except when given written permission by the family/applicant involved in the consultation.
- Keep all Tuition Aid information strictly confidential
- Recognize the right of currently enrolled students and families to consider other educational options, and if a transfer is initiated by the family, provide appropriate support and documentation in a timely manner, including reminding the family of any policies related to contractual obligations to the current school
For more information on Independent School Principles for Good Practice, please visit the National Association of Independent Schools web site.
2020-2021 Academic Year
TISC member schools are committed to helping parents find the appropriate educational options for their children. We recognize that our individual timetables for the admissions process are as unique as our schools themselves and we want to assure you that, together, we do our best to accommodate the needs of families who have applied to more than one of our schools
For the 2020-2021 school year, TISC member schools have agreed to the following notification ‘windows’ and common commitment dates for applicants who have met the appropriate application deadlines::
PreK – Kindergarten Applications
- Notification ‘window’: TISC schools will notify applicants of admission decisions between February 14 and February 21, 2020
- Common commitment date: TISC schools agree to a March 6, 2020 commitment date for all PreK-K applicants. Families may certainly accept a school’s offer of admittance prior to that date but TISC schools agree not to require a response until March 6 to be certain families have time to hear from other TISC schools to which they may have applied.
Grade 1 – 12 Applications
- Notification ‘window’: TISC schools will notify applicants of admission decisions between February 14, 2020 and March 6, 2020
- Common commitment date: TISC schools agree to a March 20, 2020 commitment date for all Gr. 1–12 applicants. Families may certainly accept a school’s offer of admittance prior to that date but TISC schools agree not to require a response until March 6 to be certain families have time to hear from other TISC schools to which they may have applied.
- Important note: This decision/notification information applies only to applications for admission and does not apply to re-enrollment contracts. If you are currently enrolled in an independent school and have applied to another independent school, you will need to check with your current school to ascertain their policy requirements relative to extensions for re-enrollment. Each school sets its own policy concerning possible extensions for re-enrolling students who are considering other options.