The Triangle Independent School Consortium is composed of admission professionals from the Triangle area schools. Our Consortium evolved out of the desire of the member schools to work collaboratively in an effort to ease and enhance the admission process for the students, families, and schools involved.
Benefits of Membership in the Consortium
- Commitment to serve as advocates for prospective families during the admission process through participation in the consortium.
- Participation in a forum wherein members engage in constructive dialogue regarding best practices in admissions for independent schools in the Triangle. Collaboration within a network of admissions colleagues for the purpose of sharing information and resources, as well as brainstorming and problem solving for the good of the constituents we serve.
- Participation in the annual Independent School Admission Fair.
- Collaboration in consortium-wide marketing activities to promote all of our independent schools.
Criteria for Membership in the Consortium
- Triangle Independent School Consortium members confirm that the following are criteria for membership:
- Be an independent, nonprofit (501(c)(3)), academic school located in the Raleigh- Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina
- Have been in operation at least 2 years
- Be non-discriminatory in its admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, educational policies, athletic and other school administered programs
- Conduct early childhood/ elementary and/or secondary school classes
- Be accredited by one of the following:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Active involvement in the Consortium through regular attendance at meetings and the annual independent school fair.
- Willingness to respect the agreed-upon common notification and enrollment dates established by the group; the dates are determined by the members at their spring meeting for the following year.
- Agreement that there will be no “early admission” by notifying accepted applicants in advance of the official notification dates. This also applies to affiliated applicants such as siblings and legacies. However, schools may admit families on a rolling-basis after the deadline.Agreement not to contact non-responding admits for their decision until three days after the last notification date.
- Participation in, attendance at, and sharing of costs for the Triangle Independent School Admission Fair. The schools organizing and/or marketing the Admission Fair will process receipts and notify members of payment within 30 days of the event to ensure timely billing.
Additional Policies and Procedures Endorsed / Supported by the Consortium
- Willingness to consider the use of a common teacher/administrator recommendation form.
- Willingness to consider a non-conflicting calendar of Open House and Accepted Student Events.
If your school is interested in joining the Triangle Independent School Consortium, please contact a member school about procedures.
Triangle Independent Schools Consortium